276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lovely Girls: A Thriller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Her characters are, for the most part, engaging and either likeable heroes and supporting characters or detestable villains. Although Alex easily made the team, it was hard for her to get the coach to notice her or give her a chance to play against other schools. The narrator, soon established as Elliot Chase, then zooms out to address the reader directly, introducing the players—most importantly movie star Lana Farrar.

The book moves quickly, told primarily from Kate’s POV, with excerpts from Alex’s dated VIDEO diary. Every chapter ended with a cliffhanger to make me want to continue reading to find out what was going to happen next. Her first few chapters leave us with doubts as to Kate’s wisdom and even her commitment to her daughter. An electrifying novel about a woman in thrall to the exhilarating rhythms of Manhattan, lost in the dizzying promise of youth, and fatally naive to the dark pressures of fame. She incorporated the themes of bullying, mother/daughter relationships, grief, coping, starting over and fitting in into her book, Lovely Girls.Her work has been praised by Book of the Month, and her Audible Original Buried Deep was a number one bestseller.

I read the entire ADDICTIVE story over the course of ONE day, and since these aren’t my favorite themes to read about-that’s a credit to the writing! There was never a time when I was at ease with this book and there was always a sense of dread with no comic relief.Brooks places the epicenter of the Bigfoot war in a high-tech hideaway populated by the kind of people you might find in a Jurassic Park franchise: the schmo who doesn’t know how to do much of anything but tries anyway, the well-intentioned bleeding heart, the know-it-all intellectual who turns out to know the wrong things, the immigrant with a tough backstory and an instinct for survival. In this gripping novel about obsession, control, and self-preservation, a woman desperate to provide a new life for her sister enters a compromising arrangement with an entitled tech billionaire.

Mean girls grow up to be mean moms with mean daughters in this entertaining domestic thriller from Hunt. It’s theatre made by middle-class white women so naturally me and my middle-class white friends from girls school (I know) loved it because it spoke directly to the everyday sexism we’ve experienced. While the scenarios of bullying are specific her and her circumstances, it easily brought me back to the days when I was in high school and being bullied. Ted Demme had the entire cast come to Minneapolis and live together for two to three weeks so that they could bond. THE AUTHOR: Margot Hunt is the pseudonym for chick lit and women's fiction author Whitney Gaskell, who has also published several Young Adult books as Piper Banks.A single mom, Kate and her daughter, Alex move to a new town to start fresh, after he husband was killed in a car accident while Alex was in the car.

Margot Hunt does what she does so well, imperceptibly ramping up the tension and suspense in this dramatic and well-paced novel. We try to give our girls a happy life here on the farm, feeding them the very best food, free to roam safely in our Cotswold Farm. These adorable mini polishes are made with the best product quality and skin compatibility - perfect for the young trend-setter. That fresh start brings with it some “lovely girls” who really aren’t so lovely after all, neither to Alex nor to Kate.with her 17-year-old daughter, Alex, who’s been depressed since her father, Ed, died in a recent car accident. The mean teenager clique is not a trope I really enjoy, but wanted to see how the author would navigate it. The show is loosely based on what happened after Beautiful Girls came out and how his friends reacted to a movie about their lives.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment